Monday, January 2, 2012

Three Artists I Love

I just had an amazing week!  Not only was it so warm here in Austin that I had to use my AC while driving in JANUARY (unheard of in almost every other city I have lived in!), I also went jogging (also virtually unheard of in any city I’ve lived in!)!  Between the jog and roughly one minute I spent jumping rope yesterday, I have already achieved some of my fitness goals for the year!  By the way, it turns out jumping rope is really quite physically challenging.  Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

Speaking of setting goals, I am hard at work on a new series of art that I hope to have finished by March.  A big part of my own creative process is looking at other people’s art (while sitting in a stationary position in front of my computer).  I wanted to share some art I have found recently that I absolutely LOVE.

Maya Hayuk: I love bold and bright color. Maya takes color to the limit with her super interesting geometric arrangements.  I am totally inspired by the energy in her pieces–check out the “rug” patterns in the second image.  How I would love to have one of those in my house!

 

Hollie Chastain.  I loved this piece so much I bought a print of it.  Holly collages vintage images together with intricate drawing.  This guy reminded me on an old Turkish Sufi wandering around, lost in thought:

 
Geninne D. Zlatkis.  One word: cute!  Geninne is all about painting the sweetest watercolor birds.  They are just so darn charming and colorful, and she does it all from her beautiful home studio in Mexico (swoon!).

I hope to have some more of my own art updates soon and I’ll be sure to share them!  Until then, I hope you have as much success with your new years resolutions as I’ve had with mine.  Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to do one push up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...