Sunday, September 16, 2012

Austin Art Boards Opening Reception

As you may remember from this recent post, I received an honorable mention for a piece I submitted to a city-wide contest called Austin Art Boards.  Here are some pics from the opening reception.  I really enjoyed some of the art; I'm posting pics of some of the other "honorable mentions" who I would have loved to have seen on billboards!

Austin Art Board Winners 2012

Some cool grackles (on the right) by Cathy Savage next to my piece (Misha Blaise).
I would LOVE to see this message large scale, in these cool, big crooked letters. Artist: Joseph Santandrea
This piece by Adreon Henry is bright and whimsical.  It's cheerful and yet still mysterious.

I'm a sucker for chickens, and I love the way the artist Abby Mandel made these guys so stylized.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...