Monday, March 26, 2012

L.A., Here I Come!

Beaches, boardwalk rollerskating, palm trees, endless traffic and high density smog: Here I come!  Figuratively speaking, of course.  I’m now a featured artist at 8 Limbs, a cool sewing/art studio/boutique in Echo Park.  I spent this past week preparing some west-coast-bound schwag:




I also had to keep up with the action here in Austin.  Luckily we had a streak of super warm weather and I got to work in our open air patio.  This was both a blessing and a curse, because amidst the gentle blowing breezes and happily chirping birds, I had to listen to the incessant shrieks of my neighbor who is trying to remodel his house: “JUST GET THAT F’ING SH*T OUT OF HERE!  OH GIVE ME AN F’ING BREAK!!”  Below:  art mounted on wood and drying, waiting to be sealed.


I reconfigured a little piece of art that I had designed a while ago and I really like the way it turned out.  I mounted it on wood and added hooks to create a small jewelry/key rack.  The quote is by ‘Abdu’l-Baha and says: When a thought of war comes, oppose it by a stronger thought of peace. A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love.


Jewelry/key rack available at Parts and Labour in Austin, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...